Texas Criminal Defense Attorney and SelfDefenseFund.com spokesperson had an opportunity to go on the air with The Price of Business with Award-winning Radio Personality Kevin Price on The Biz Radio Network. She talked about Criminal Defense in a self-defense situation and will continue to discuss trial defense, self-defense news and the membership benefits of The National Association for Legal Gun Defense aka Self Defense Fund.
About JL Carpenter, Attorney at Law
J.L. Carpenter has worked both sides of the aisle, prosecuting and defending people facing criminal charges. In addition to gaining trial experience as a prosecutor, Attorney Carpenter has trained under highly skilled defense lawyers.
In 2006, J.L. Carpenter worked alongside the Honorable Craig A. Washington in United States v. Tyrone Mapletoft Williams what became known as the truck driver case. In 2008, Lawyer Carpenter also assisted Attorney Chip B. Lewis in the State of Texas v. Timothy Shepherd a highly publicized murder trial in Harris County, Texas.
Today, J.L. Carpenter has over 17 years of trial experience and she has consistently and successfully represented citizens legally defending themselves.
Some of her client reviews may be found at: https://www.avvo.com/attorneys/77546-tx-jennifer-carpenter-1785956.html
What that means for you as a client is that she understands how the prosecution thinks, what they are likely to look for as evidence and in negotiating a plea bargain should the case not go to trial. It also means Attorney Carpenter has the respect of her colleagues in the court.
Areas of Practice
- 100% Criminal Defense
- Texas, 2000
- S. District Court Southern District of Texas
- S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit
- S. District Court Eastern District of Texas
- Texas Southern University Thurgood Marshall School of Law, Houston, Texas, 1999 J.D.
- Honors: Law Review – Member and Editor
- University of Houston, Houston, Texas, 1997 B.S. Honors: Cum Laude
Honors and Awards
- Honored in H Texas Magazine as 2010 and 2017 Top Lawyers
- Houston’s Top 100 Professionals
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Harris County Criminal Lawyers Association Board Member
- Galveston County Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, Secretary
- Houston Young Lawyers Foundation (HYLF) Fellow Member
- Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association (TCDLA) Member
- National Criminal Defense Lawyers Association (NCDLA) Member
Audio version below:
SelfDefensFund.com recently participated in 3rd Party Independent review and comparison of member benefits produced by the Virginia Citizens Defense League. They published responses from participating companies of the top brands offering similar legal protection. VCDL published their findings this week and you may review them here:
http://vcdl.org/Legal-Plans (for side-by-side comparison as of 10.31.17)
SDF is thankful that memberships like ours are prepared to defend those who defend themselves.
Content Sponsored in part by: